- All matches to be best of three sets. Sets one and two are tie-break sets i.e. a tie-break to seven points (by two clear points) at 6-6; the deciding set is to be a long set i.e. no tie-break.
- Players are responsible for arranging their own matches. Please try to agree your match date by two weeks before the deadline to ensure that they are completed before the deadline dates for each round. Please remember that it is the responsibility of ALL the players involved to arrange their matches.
- Every effort should be made to complete the matches by the dates given. In the event that a match has not been arranged in time, the players concerned should notify the Playing Committee (PC) of the reason for the delay. If the situation cannot be resolved by the players concerned and it impedes the smooth running of the tournament, the PC can intervene and decide the result.
- Please try to avoid arranging tournament matches on Tuesday/Friday club evenings. If this cannot be avoided, Courts 3 or 4 may be used if available. Club tennis takes priority over tournament matches. No matches are permitted on Monday evenings (Junior session) before 7pm. Inter-Club home matches, details of which are on display in the pavilion and website, also take precedence; these will normally be held on courts 1 and 2 only.
|Game Handicap||Tie-Break Handicap|
- Handicaps: where applicable, aggregate handicaps are applied at the beginning of each game. For example, a team with h/c -30 playing opponents with h/c -15 will have an aggregate handicap of -15 and will start each game with a score of -15, the first point being served in the advantage court. In the event of a tie-break, each aggregate game point will translate into a single point handicap in the tie-break. See the table above for clarity.
- On completion of a match, please enter the result (including scores) on the sheets displayed in the hut.