LTA UPDATE – please see the Terms and Conditions for Court Booking
“Players from different households can now play doubles together as long as they stay 2 metres apart as far as possible, and small group coaching for up to 6 people (including coaches) can resume.”
The Committee have considered these new measures and have decided to open all 4 courts for booking via Clubspark. I will list precautions taken from the LTA advice below, and for those reasons advise that for group sessions in particular we would prefer to restrict doubles play to just two courts at a time.
Despite access to Clubhouses being allowed in certain circumstances – ie access to courts and use of toilet facilities, the Committee have decided to continue to keep the Clubhouse closed. We will monitor members needs as play increases and will ensure that the correct sanitary measures are in place for when we do open it.
but here is a summary of the most relevant points.
- At all times, players should adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines (staying at least 2m away from others), and practice public health advice for hygiene.
- DO NOT leave your home to play tennis if Government advice means you should stay at home, or you are in the clinically extremely vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.
- If anyone who has played tennis develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
- All players should use alcohol gel after touching any court gates, fences, benches et, and avoid doing so where possible. Please take your own, as we are unable to provide it externally.
Specific Playing advice.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from other players (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high 5)
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court
- For coached sessions, play careful attention to the instructions of the coach
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
We have opened up booking for 4 courts, however we would prefer that players continue to book either Court 1 or 3 to avoid proximity of play – particularly for doubles. Players can book 7 days in advance and for up to 2 hours at a time. Please be considerate to busy times of play. We will monitor this system if it isn’t working.
Felicity Pochin, Club Secretary